- Doing a search for "plus size clothing" "store locator" can get you a quick list of chain stores to try, although some of them may be a little far away.
- Just because Ashley Stewart bills itself "for the plus-size urban woman" doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to go to Roxbury or Mattapan to check it out.
- Torrid has its own sizes for tops, but not for many other items.
- Going to Lane Bryant last can often help your budget.
- It's not that your body is the wrong shape, it's that the clothes are cut wrong for it.
- Weekdays out of shopping season are an excellent time to go clothes shopping.
Edit: This is probably also a good place to add a link to Lee Lee's Valise, though it was also a bit far for this particular expedition.